Courses, Prayer and Home Groups
Church isn't just about a Sunday, so we run regular week day meetings including prayer meetings, breakfasts and courses. Here are just some of the ones that are coming up.
Bible Study - Lent 2021
To mark Lent this year we are planning a series of six evening sessions beginning on Ash Wednesday, using materials supplied by the Visual Commentary on Scripture (VCS).
VCS is a remarkable project hosted by Kings College London – find out more at www.thevcs.org. The sessions will all be on Wednesday evenings, beginning at 7.30pm.
Each session will refer to three works of art - medieval, renaissance and modern - and so will work best on Zoom. If you don’t do Zoom it will still be possible to join by telephone and we will try to find a way for you to see the art works beforehand.
The dates, themes and scripture passages for the six sessions are:
- Feb 17: The First Rainbow (Genesis 8:20 – 9:7)
- Feb 24: Stricken, Smitten, Bruised and Afflicted (Isaiah 53)
- Mar 3: Out of the Depths (Psalm 130)
- Mar 10: Dry Bones (Ezekiel 37:1-14)
- Mar 17: Surviving Weeping (Lamentations)
- Mar 24: Reinscribing the Cross (Matthew 27:37; Mark 15:26; Luke 23:38; John 19:19-22)
Each study will be set in the context of prayer, and we do hope you will be able to join us as we explore these themes together in a fresh way.
Everyone is welcome. Please find Zoom details below.
To join the conference call from your phone, call 0330 336 0036 and enter PIN 586191
To join the video link on Zoom from your computer, tablet or smart phone, please contact the church office for the meeting ID and passcode, or refer to the weekly email update.
Each week we are making a set of reflections available for a reflective Bible Study and worship.
- Reflections for 14th February 2021 (DOCX)
- Reflections for 7th February 2021 (DOCX)
- Reflections for 31st January 2021 (DOCX)